Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Things that are actually good

Nathan Rabin and Scott Tobias really know what they're doing. Five or six years ago, how many people even bothered to read the Onion's AV Club? They took a section that was almost totally superfluous to the paper and turned it into a reason to read the paper in the first place.

I'm not sure why I like their movie reviews so much. They certainly aren't the only movie reviews I read (and what the heck was wrong with Bride & Prejudice? I loved Bride & Prejudice!) I think it's just that they have such a nice balance of erudition and hipster savvy. And "Commentary Tracks of the Damned" is pure genius.

Movies I learned about from last week's "Commentary Tracks of the Blessed:" Knightriders, The Mack, Once Upon a Time in China.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home