Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Sherlock Spacecog and the Case of the Poo-Poo Poopiehead

One of our readers offers this critique of the, shall we say, Rabelaisian tenor of much of my writing:

"I don't know why I am even bothering to write this comment, considering your writing is grade school level at best. Anyone who uses the word Poopiehead & expects readers to take them seriously oughta think twice about quitting their day job (if you have one)."

The "grade school level" comment does not trouble me greatly; indeed, it is actually something of a compliment, as I am still in Kindergarten.

As for the rest, well, I can only suggest that the writer wipe his or her ass with a goose.

But what is most interesting about this anonymous comment is WHEN it was posted to our little blog. A quick glance at the traffic log for the blog shows there’s a 50 percent chance it was left by … some poopiehead at chicagoreader.com. Could it have been "Scoops" Miner himself?

I sniffed my computer screen to see if the comment gave off that tell-tale Miner aroma, but, alas, in cyberspace no one can smell you fart.

Keywords: Poopiehead, Rabelaisian, Michael Miner, Fart, Fart, Fart, Fart, Fart

3 Comments:

Blogger Phoenix said...

Dear Detective:

Now I know that we have made references to the injustices done to one's character when we make assumptions and insinuations based on limited knowledge of the person or facts surrounding them. In other words, your factoidal misappropriations have not rendered the correct answer. I, in fact, do not work for the reader. Alas, my identity remains a Poopyhead mystery. Perhaps you should invest in clue sniffing dog like Scooby, or in a 'real' detective, and ditch the phone calls to Miss Cleo. Unless of course you like being sent to jail without passing 'Go' and without the benefit of that invaluable "get out of jail free" card.

I digress....

The community chest reaps no rewards from your skewed deductions. In essence, it's like playing Monopoly without the benefit of money for landing on free parking. Stuff that in your Meerschaum and smoke it!

Signed,
The Mysterious Blogger

10:50 AM  
Blogger spacecog said...

Well, I did say only that there was a 50% chance it was a Readerite.

Also, the correct spelling is "Poopiehead."

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phoenix,
If you don't write for the Reader, you really should.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home