Friday, August 05, 2005

You and Mise en Scene

It’s time once again for ROSENBLURBS, wherein we at The Reader Sucks extract a PR-flak-happy quotable from Jonathan Rosenbaum’s highly, er, oblique prose. This week: some movie-shot-on-video for Swedish television by some dude named Ingmar Bergman! (Who even knew he was still alive?) Anyway:

"The mise en scene [in Saraband] is masterful, but the indifference to visual style seems to border on contempt!!!" Jonathan Rosenbaum, Chicago Reader

CONTEST! Do you think you could find BETTER Rosenblurbs in his review this week – or, heck, ever? If so, post them in our little comments section! There will be punch and pie for all who do!

3 Comments:

Blogger spacecog said...

No one? No one? Remember: Punch and pie!

4:15 PM  
Blogger skimble said...

Lord knows I've tried -- I can't do it!

Can I have some punch anyway?

5:46 PM  
Blogger spacecog said...

A punch in the nose!

Ha! I crack myself up.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home