Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Reports of my retirement have been exaggerated (and Miner still needs to die)


Fuck you, Cog. I resent the implication that I have something better to do. You know perfectly well that my madcap social whirl revolves around the quickie mart and its rack of cellophane-wrapped Hostess products. (As such, the Reader is the perfect complement to my lifestyle.)

Anyway, even if I had retired, Miner's latest column would have me reeling in the fishing line and heading back to town. God! He is such a fucking asshole! I'm not even sure how to best express what a complete and utter bastard he's being about the Judith Miller case.

Miner actually believes that he need not stand up for a bedrock journalistic principle (the reporter's right to protect her sources) when the reporter whose rights are being violated (in this case, Miller) happens to be a bad reporter.

Well guess what, Miner you dick, YOU'RE a bad reporter! So I guess if you ever find yourself facing jail for protecting your sources, nobody should stand up for you. Oh, wait. You'll never find yourself in that situation because you never actually USE any sources!

True, those you do use are invariably anonymous. But I can't see a grand jury demanding to know the identity of your next-door neighbor or the guy down at the donut shop.

(Notice how neatly I swung back around to the pastry theme? That's how we roll at the quickie mart, baby!)


Previous Miner/Miller rants here at TRS: Subpoena Envy; Deep Doo-Doohead; Two-Minute Miner

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you are really kind of anal and fearful with the comment deletion, aren't you?

12:58 PM  
Blogger spacecog said...

The deleted posts were spam.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home